Sunday, June 22, 2008

Sweet Summer Day

It is another beautiful sunny summer day in northern Iowa. The ground is pretty dry here, which seems strange with the extreme flooding South and Eastern Iowa had just had last week. I am running down the list of things I wish to get done outside today, one being mowing, which takes hours on my acreage. However, I do love to mow and it gets me outside to do many things. My thoughts are still with the flood victims daily and praying for them.

The first thing I do each morning is check my email accounts, I think most of us do this – right? :) I received an email from a woman who just received her Pocket of Pearls book in the mail from Amazon.com. She started reading the book while waiting in line at a drive through and the introduction drew her in. She sent me a heartfelt note of her initial reaction and Thank You for writing this workbook; she knew this is exactly what she needed for herself.

Until it is brought to our attention we can convince ourselves that our inner voice is ‘fine’. Well is it? Don’t you deserve it to be encouraging, comforting, and hopeful? Isn’t this how you treat your loved ones? You deserve more than just ‘fine’. For many people, this thought of looking within is VERY scary and this stops them from trying. Remember, your soul is good, kind, and caring... Do not be afraid. You have me in your pocket daily with you on this journey of finding a strong inner voice inside of you. You deserve the best life has to offer!

The voice, that so many of us have, that tells us to try and be perfect will wear us down internally and we are not aware of it’s power. I challenge you to take your first months’ journey with a Pocket of Pearls workbook to learn about you…Learn about the voice that fuels you daily, and find once again that sweetness to YOU. Your first month may be the hardest, but the most powerful since it is your first huge step. Kudos! Remember, healthy change takes time and your second month will be even better.

Here’s wishing you a wonderful Summer Sunday!

Merna

No comments: