Sunday, July 27, 2008

Are You Sinking Your own Ship?

Hello again!

I have been pondering what to share with you today as I struggle with one of my two online courses. My major is psychology, but I have a couple Gen Ed’s to finish. One of my current courses is Elementary Statistics. Ok, who knew this would not be so elementary. It is daunting to say the least. I was feeling so defeated last week, until one day our professor posted a story about a crew on a sinking ship. They fought until the end, but many still survived. Therefore, our moral was that we all felt exactly the way we should be during this class; we were riding a turbulent ship. Are we survivors or are we quitters? It is difficult and we must have strong study habits to survive this course.

I had to make the conscious decision not to ‘give up’ sub-consciously. Does that make sense? I was entertaining the thoughts of – I just want to pass that is all that matters. AND I do not care if I get a D as long as I pass. Are these thoughts OK? My own words about this were very self-defeating and once I made the decision to do my best, it got better. I am feeling so much better about it and during my schoolwork. The dread is 80% better. Yes, I admit I still have some dread left, but it is a lot lighter!

Now, what changed was not the simplicity of this course it was MY attitude. I had to first realize how I was sinking my own ship without even knowing it. Everyday my thoughts were how much I hated this class. Now, I see the challenge and I take that challenge! I am taking a slower approach, and doing well. Wow! Is it ever a GREAT feeling to be doing well and not so defeated.

This is where Pocket of Pearls can help you feel better in your life, while guiding you daily. Often, we are not ‘consciously’ aware of what is going on inside of us. We are use to hearing our own voice. However, remember this is your daily fuel towards life. Don’t you deserve it to be made of gold? The Pocket of Pearls journey will take you to a healthier relationship with self.

Have a great Sunday!

Merna

No comments: