Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Don't Be Afraid to Look in the Mirror of Self...

The fourth of July is fast approaching and giving everyone a 3-day weekend! WooooHooo! I hope you find fireworks in your area. This weekend we are celebrating my parent’s 50th wedding anniversary! For any couple, it is a fantastic milestone to celebrate with their families. My parents are making the joke that it feels longer! LOL… Really? How can you tell? I think that is a long time and many great stories to keep. They have their 6 children, in laws, significant others, and 12 grandchildren. It will be a great party!

I started my two courses for college last week on my trek to my bachelor degree in psychology. I am taking a statistics class and a psychology ethics class this term. I was a little hesitant at first and didn’t know what to expect. However, the first week in both classes grabbed my attention and I look forward to learning much more. My inner voice was a little shaky as I was overwhelmed with all the new software, navigation, and people I had to learn about with my two new courses. It took a couple days and I am settled in now for the ride!

I wanted to share with you some thoughts I received from one of my readers about Pocket of Pearls. She told me when she first heard the title of the book she got a tear in her eye; it hit a soft spot immediately! I commend her for NOT walking away, but chose to push through the feelings and learn more about it. She signed up for one of my workshops and then purchased 2 extra books for friends. In addition, she wanted to be sure she had future access to additional month’s journals. Yes, they are on Amazon and Barnes & Noble online at $9.95 each. I wanted to keep this a slim and affordable journal for everyone. Don’t forget to keep your monthly journals, so you can look back on your progress!

When I wrote Pocket of Pearls I went out of my way to make sure this was a comforting and inviting book since this is a very personal subject; we are talking about our self worth! It is a very private matter and subject to discuss. I do know this and want to remind you… Do not be afraid of looking in the ‘mirror’ of self – your soul is good, kind, and caring. When the tough gets going, reach out for some guidance~! Send me an email if you would like some avenues of support you can implement into your life. Go to my website for contact information. Also, if you are interested in hosting a Pocket of Pearls WorkShop in your area, send your request in.


Remember, you are not alone and have me in your 'pocket' daily with your Pocket of Pearls workbook in your handbag or by your bed before going to sleep.

See you next week and Happy 4th!!

Love,

Merna

No comments: