Sunday, July 20, 2008

Soylent Green

Happy Sunday!

What a beautiful day! I was not sure if it would be or not since it was raining cats and dogs last evening. In fact, I was hoping for a break from mowing, but getting outside in the sunshine is what the doctor ordered for me after a full week of coaching, school, and working with my book.

Last evening I took the time for myself to enjoy an older movie. On one of the classic movie channels Soylent Green was on and I haven’t seen this movie in many, many years. It is a futuristic movie made in 1973 starring Charleston Heston. As a kid, when I first saw this movie it frightened me of the future. The movies plot takes place in the year 2022 and they are living in the full greenhouse effect of darkness and heat. I found it very interesting that in the 70s that they fully understood the dangers in front of us and how the future might be. The year 2022 does not seem so far away any longer does it?

The movie had a strange revelation for my life when watching it. The very things we take for granted everyday were relished and wore a high price tag in this movie. A jar of strawberries was $150 per jar. Can you imagine? No, we do not want to go there, do we! For instance, they lacked sunshine, plant life, animals, fresh fruits, and vegetables, etc. Yes, this is a movie, but when they talked about what we know as Global Warming and it was alarming. Watching this movie brought me to my gratitude list in my heart. Do we look around daily enough to see what our gifts are?

Pocket of Pearls starts you on this journey of looking within and brings you to task to document what that inner voice is saying, while challenging you to be kinder. Are you continually telling yourself you do not have enough? If so, you will never have enough. If you are telling yourself you are not enough, you will never feel enough. See where I am going? Once we start changing this inner dialogue the sun starts shining – inside!

I will leave you with this thought today. Do you want a kinder voice? Do you want more in your life? If so, take this first step to start implementing Pocket of Pearls in your life daily. This journey of self-awareness is incredible and life changing for YOU! After all, you are the one who is starring in your own life… so start living it!

Love,

Merna

No comments: